Sunday, October 21, 2007

An extremely cozy couch, a really busy Saturday and a piano lesson ...

Saturday was one of those days that you just don't like to have, overscheduled with half of us going one way and half the other. By 8:10am I already wanted to go back to bed (yeah it was that bad!) but it was off to vote for me and then straight to piano for Zack.

As I sat on the cozy couch in that wonderful place where you have so many things to do but there is nothing you can do about them at the moment so you let it all go, you know those moments, my eyes were drawn to what I can only describe as a Norman Rockwell moment. ...

An enormous grand piano with two little legs hanging underneath crossed at the ankle, swinging effortlessly and joyfully with a pair of big teacher legs beside while a beautiful Sonatina duet steals me away.

It was one of those moments you wish you could capture but when you try it just doesn't quite feel the same. I suppose because in trying to capture it you've lost some of it already, funny thing. Anyway, it is a pleasure to be Zackary's Mom and to hear the beautiful music he plays and composes.

Today was a special treat as well. It was the Primary Program (at church once a year the primary children put on a 1 hour program for the sacrament, or worship service, part of our three hour block of meetings) and Zackary and Jacob had solos and special reading parts. They both did so well. They were confident and calm and sang so beautifully in front of about 300 people. I am not sure if I have ever smiled so big ever! Being a Primary teacher I get to sit on the stand with them so I could see Sam, and amidst the circus of Ellie and Addie he too had a sizeable grin :o)

Love to you all and happy parenthood!!

Amy :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing all the wonderful stories. Thank you thank you.
Love,
Grandma